Since I’m a kid I’ve had problems with fried food. However, my great-uncle Nane (who raised me) has always prepared the most delicious fries, that I allowed myself to eat from time to time. Since I live in Austria, I’ve missed his amazing fries, but I discovered this delicious version that resembles them. The best thing: they are as crunchy as normal fries, but because they are baked, they are healthier. Perfect as a side dish or as a snack for a party.
- 3 big potatoes (approx. 700 g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fine herbs
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Wash the potatoes. Cut them in smaller pieces (keeping the skin).
- Put them on a bowl, add the oil, salt and the fine herbs. Mix them with a big spoon or with your hands. All the pieces should have oil and the spices.
- Put the potatoes on a baking paper, and cook them for 20 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, add more oil or salt if necessary and cook for other 20-25 minutes. They should be crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside.
- Serve them immediately with your favourite dips.