This granola is a great way to start your day with a nutritious and delicious breakfast. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 200 g oatmeal
- 50 g of unsalted peanuts
- 100 g of a mix of nuts (you can use walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, etc. )
- 50 g peanut butter (try to use the most natural ones, without sugar and extra additives)
- 10 g coconut oil (you can also just use sunflower oil)
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 20 ml agave syrup (*if you don’t have syrups at home, you can replace the whole amount of syrup, that means 60 ml, for honey)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
For the mix of nuts, try to use 1 or 2 tbsp of the different types of nuts you have at home until you get 100 g in total. For this granola I used: pecans, walnuts, almond slices and cashews. If the nuts are too big, cut them in smaller pieces with a knife or use your fingers.
Preheat the oven to 190°C
- From the 200 g of oatmeal, grind half of it (100 g) to oat flour in a blender or food processor.
- Use a double boiler to melt the coconut oil and the peanut butter. You can also do this step in the microwave.
- Mix all the dry ingredients on a bowl (100 g oatmeal,100 g oat flour, 150 g of nuts mixture, cinnamon and salt).
- Add the melted peanut butter and coconut oil to the dry ingredients.
- Add the two syrups and mix with a spoon or a spatula. Everything should be coated with the liquids.
- Pour everything on a baking tray (use a baking paper or a reusable baking mat). Make sure to flattened everything so it bakes better.
- Bake for 10 minutes (until golden brown).
- Take the tray out of the oven, let it cool down and use a spatula to crack the granola and split it as much as you want.
- You can add now other ingredients if you want: chia seeds, dried cranberries, raisins, coconut flakes, etc.
- Put the granola on an airtight container.
- Serve it with yoghurt or milk, add fresh fruits and enjoy a delicious and nutritious breakfast.