6 Portions ca.
If you are planning a party and you need a tasty dip to go with your snacks, or you want to spread something creamy on your bread, or if you want a side dish for your meat or vegetables, this dip will save you. It’s not difficult to prepare and your guests will be very pleased.
- 2 aubergines/eggplants (650 g approx.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 lemon (juice) approx. 40 ml
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper and powdered cumin
- *1 tbsp sour cream or yoghurt (plant-based for vegan)
- Wash the aubergines, cut them in half, sprinkle some salt and let them rest for about 20 minutes. This will help to take the bitterness out from the aubergines.
- With a paper towel, soak the “juice” that will come out from the aubergines. Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- Brush with olive oil the aubergines and put some salt on them. Cook them for about 25 minutes, until they get a golden colour on the top.
- Scoop out the flesh from the aubergines. Put the flesh on a blender, add the 4 tbsp of Tahini, salt, cumin, pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil and a bit of the lemon juice.
- Blend everything and add more lemon juice or salt if necessary. If you want it to be extra creamy, add the sour cream or yoghurt and blend one more time.