min. 1 hour
It’s traditional in Austria to eat green vegetables, specially spinach on Maundy/Holy Thursday. In Chile however, we usually eat seafood on these days. My husband and his family have many traditions for Easter, this day being one of them. That’s why I decided to prepare something with Spinach, but in a more special way. I love Quiche and this combination it’s one of my favourites ways I like to prepare it. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
For the Dough:
- 250 g flour
- 125 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp ice-cold water
For the Filling:
- 125 g spinach
- 150 g mushrooms in thin slices
- 250 g ricotta
- 100 ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 50 g grated cheese (gouda for example) (Optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp fine herbs
- Put the butter and the salt on a bowl. Start mixing it with your hands, hand mixer or a kitchen machine until it’s creamy. Add the flour, the egg and the 2 tbsp of ice-cold water. Mix everything until you get a smooth dough (don’t over mix it). Wrap your dough on a plastic wrap / cling film and put it on your fridge for minimum 1 hour (even better if you leave it overnight).
- Take your dough out of the fridge approx. 30 minutes before you start baking it. Put some butter on the quiche form. Roll out the dough until it’s big enough to cover the quiche form and it’s between 3-5 mm thick. To make this step a bit easier, you can put the dough between two baking papers and roll it then. Put carefully the dough on the quiche form and use your fingers to press the dough to the form. To make your quiche even prettier, remove the rest of the dough, by gently pressing your rolling pin over the form. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 170-180°C.
- To prepare your filling, use a bowl and a whisk to mix the cream, ricotta, the two eggs and 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of fine herbs.
- Then cook the spinach and the sliced mushrooms in a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp of butter, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of fine herbs. This is a very fast step, you only need to cook it for approx. 2-3 minutes, you don’t want the spinach to reduce too much. Remove the pan from the heat and add the creamy mixture (ricotta, cream, eggs) and mix it all together.
- Pour the filling into the quiche form, sprinkle the grated cheese (optional) and bake the quiche for approx. 35-40 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy it with a fresh salad.
Tengo todos los ingredientes la prepararé para mañana.
¡¡Que quede rica!!
Me han encantado tus recetas. Voy a prepararlas y comentaré. Gracias
¡Muchas gracias! Si tiene duda con alguna receta me puede dejar un comentario, ¡espero que le gusten!