A special salad, that goes so well with different dishes and very easy to prepare. My mom prepared this salad for every special occasion, her version however, is with red onions. Sadly I can’t eat onions, so I replaced them for pomegranates, it gives some extra flavour, texture and colour to the salad.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and grate the zucchini. Put it on a bowl and add the lemon juice. Let it rest for some min. 5 minutes.
- Cut the pomegranate and de-seed it. Wash the seeds and strain them.
- Add the olive oil and the salt to the zucchini. Mix well.
- Serve the salad and add at the end the pomegranate seeds.
*If you don’t have pomegranate and you want to do it with red onions, you need 1/4 of a red onion, cut it in very thin slices. Once you cut them, let them rest for approx. 15 minutes with water and some salt. Wash them, strain them and add them to the zucchini.