This drink is very popular, it comes from India, but you can find it now in many restaurants in Europe and I’m sure in other continents as well. Mango Lassi can be a drink to enjoy your food with, a nice dessert or a healthy smoothie. Most people drink it after they ate some spicy food, because it helps to calm your mouth from the heat. We absolutely love it! It’s a delicious drink and so easy to make!
- 1 ripe mango
- 100 g of natural yoghurt (*use plant-based yoghurt if you want to make this recipe vegan)
- 115 g ice cubes
- 75 ml cold water
- 1/2 tsp of powdered cardamom
- *If it’s not sweet enough, you can add 1-2 tbsp Agave syrup or sugar
- Split the mango in two parts. Take the flesh out with a spoon.
- Blend the mango together with the ice cubes, yoghurt and the cardamom, until you get a smooth drink.
- Now you can add the cold water or more ice cubes to make it more liquid.
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the drink, try it and see if it’s necessary to add the syrup or sugar. If your mango it’s ripe enough you shouldn’t need anything else.
You can serve it with extra ice cubes to make it super refreshing. If you prefer to have it as a dessert, you can add more yoghurt instead of water to make it more thick.