My husband and I are big fans of chestnuts. We love them in every season and I always buy a jar of chestnut puree to have it ready to use everytime we fancy it. This super easy and fast dessert, it needs only a few ingredients and can be use on its own or to add it in lots of preparations like cakes, pancakes, etc.
- 50 g chestnut puree
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp powdered (icing) sugar
- 1 tsp rum
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp grated bitter chocolate
- *1 tsp milk based caramel (dulce de leche, manjar)
- Whip the cream to firm peaks. Add the sugar and the puree and whip for a few seconds until is all mix together.
- *If you have dulce de leche use it to add an extra softness and sweetness to the dessert.
- Add the rum and the orange zest, mix carefully with a spatula. Serve with some grated chocolate and some more orange zest. Enjoy!