These are some of my favourite Canapés to prepare when we have a small party at home. They can also be eaten as Appetizers for a lovely dinner. The combination of the lemony cream and smoked salmon is so good, that you would like to eat them all.
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 175 g cream cheese
- 150 g natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 8 tortillas (I used small ones, if you use bigger ones you will need less)
- Lemon juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Mix on a bowl the cream cheese and the yoghurt, use a whisk to make sure the mixture is smooth. Add the lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, fresh chopped chives and dill. Mix all together, try it and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper if necessary.
- Put a tortilla on a cutting board. Use a spatula to spread the cream all over the tortilla. Add small pieces of smoked salmon (use your hands to make them smaller). Cover this with another tortilla and repeat the process. I use four tortillas in total, the last one will cover everything.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the canapés. You want to cut your tortillas to get a big square. Then cut in thin stripes and then in small canapés squares.
- To serve them, use toothpicks to pinch them in the middle and put them on a plate or tray of your choice.
- You will have enough ingredients to make 1 or 2 more “tortilla towers”, and you will get approx. 20-30 small canapés from each tower. You can use bigger tortillas but you might get less towers.